Jon's Fish Market Dana Point Wharf, California

After visiting the Missions of San Juan Capistrano we were hungry and went to the Dana Point Harbor.  We were told that Jon's Fish Market was a good informal place to eat seafood. The seafood was extremely fresh and tasty but oh so expensive.  I was not prepared to pay such a high price for such an informal dining affair. 
They only had California wines by the glass and I've really never met a California wine that I liked, with the exception of a $100 USD bottle of Berringer Reserve Cab Sav-  that my husband purchased for me for my birthday when I turned 50 in Kauai -Hawaii Five-0, baby.   I did order a glass of Pino and I am going to emphasize the glass because it was served in a plastic glass.  I decided not to be too snooty and drink from the said plastic glass and I wish I had not.   Needless to say, I had a hard time drinking that glass of red down.  The only reason I did was I was a bit chilly eating outside and I thought the red would warm me up and it usually does.  Jon's staff turned on the outdoor heaters and that was a nice touch.  The staff was very friendly and we enjoyed our sit down.


Dana Point Harbor is nice to walk around and check out the shops. I could not believe how clear the water in the ocean was.



You can buy fresh fish at Jon's and it is located right on the wharf, so the pictures above are all around this restaurant.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Setting Sail to the End of Earth, Antartica on Celebrity Eclipse

Breathtaking Machu Picchu, Peru

The Unique Galapagos Islands, Ecuador