Dolphins Up Close Tour in Naples, Florida



While staying at the Charter Club Resort of Naples, Florida my sister and I decided to take a Dolphin tour.  This was my second one in two weeks.  We went with a company called napleswatertours.com  The boat left directly from the property where we were staying.  We had a great captain, Perry, who was very informative and fun.  Needless to say that I had a great time, I mean who is not mesmerized by dolphins?  We chose the two-hour tour.  40 minutes of that was a sea shelling trip.  Perry dropped us off at the beach and there are millions of shells for the taking.  The beach was beautiful and the water was so calm that it looked very inviting but we did not have our swimsuits with us.


We spotted many dolphins but they have to be in the mood to play.  They will follow the boat and play in the wake that the boat creates.  Below is a video and they stayed with us for the entire length of the video which is 90 seconds.  At one point they were on both sides of the wake but I did not capture that on video.  Watch carefully they are under the water the whole time sometimes even upside down and they surface quite a few times.


 https://youtu.be/Iy8JYIy76Tw   (here is the link just in case this video does not work.)

Dolphins are all over the Naples Bay area and we saw quite a few.  Here below is a quick 22-second video of two dolphins playing hide and seek, mostly hide.  You will also see a lot of my fingers in the video, my apologies.  I suck at this especially when I am excited.


https://youtu.be/Fr7vYLeTSbM   (link just in case the video does not work)

The next video is quite simple but fantastic where a dolphin slaps his 
tail.  For a person that lives in this area, this would not be super
fantastic but to a Prairie Girl, watching a dolphin is magical!!

https://youtu.be/F-gtpRtL1Fc  (here is the link just in case)

If you are into shelling, then I can't imagine a better beach to shell 
on (except for the back beach in Jolly Harbour, Antigua where I shelled 
with my Mom.)  I could have brought back a boatload of shells but 
settled for these two below.
My sister and I kept seeing this odd-looking shell that was quite 
pretty and iridescent-coloured.  I asked Perry and he gave us very 
interesting information on this Heart of the Seashell.  When you open 
the shell up it forms a heart.  So much to learn.



As mentioned the beach is stunning, long and it was incredibly calm 
when we were there.



I would do this tour again in a heartbeat.  The two hours went by so 
quickly and I would never tire of watching dolphins.  They are an 
incredibly intelligent species and humans could learn a lot from them.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Setting Sail to the End of Earth, Antartica on Celebrity Eclipse

Breathtaking Machu Picchu, Peru

The Unique Galapagos Islands, Ecuador