Drive to the Southern Peninsula of St. Kitts Island




Once you leave the Marriott and begin driving up the steep slope of the highway you are surrounded by gorgeous views of St. Kitts and Nevis. You can see both the Atlantic and the Caribbean at the same time which flanks this narrow ribbon of a peninsula.



This whole area is being developed and built up with huge homes with lovely views. We drove all the way to Cockleshell Beach which is apparently the whitest sand beach of St. Kitts but don’t drive there just for the beach, because it really is no hell. There is a quaint little bar and grill there which serves up good-looking food and great drinks. Dax and Darren had a Ting, which is a drink made on the island and it is basically a grapefruit soda drink, I liked it and so did Darren. I ordered a BBC which was a Baileys, Banana, Colada blended ice drink and it was so good, I have already found the recipe and I will try it out on friends as soon as I find some, ha ha ha. I actually have 6 girlfriends meeting us in Phoenix and staying with us for 3 nights I have not seen them for 7 months and miss them dearly, can’t wait to have some fun.
If you have a ton of money and would like to invest in a lovely island with so-so beaches then buy a house here in St. Kitts. If you spend over 345,000 USD you can get your own citizenship and passport for the federation of St. Kitts. It would be tempting if I had some spare change, but I am still bedazzled by Antigua and its 365 white sand beaches, a beach for every day of the year. I still think that I would drop my money there first, that is if I had any.





We expected that on one of our drives to come across the vervet monkeys. These little monkeys were brought as pets by the French who captured them in Africa. Apparently, they estimate that there are more monkeys than people on the island and the population here is 42,000. We only saw monkeys on people’s shoulders that get paid by tourists to have their picture taken with the cute little monkey. I personally abhor this type of behaviour and never pay money to have my picture taken because it just encourages this type of inhumane activity. I always feel so sorry for the animals.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Setting Sail to the End of Earth, Antartica on Celebrity Eclipse

Breathtaking Machu Picchu, Peru

The Unique Galapagos Islands, Ecuador