Leaving Eleuthera Island, Bahamas

 



We actually checked out one day early in order to make it to Miami where we need to catch our flight to San Juan for our cruise. I did not want to leave Powell Pointe, Cape Eleuthera because it is a wonderful and relaxing place to stay which really felt like home. I will really miss the surrounding turquoise water views and the excitement of the shark feedings.






We left our unit at 3 pm in order to make it in plenty of time for our Bahamas Air 4:50 pm flight. It turned out that Bahamas Air was delayed again. We have to catch a 7 pm flight out of Nassau to Miami and if we don’t make that then it is too bad for the cruise. Thank God the 7 pm flight was delayed slightly which allowed us to make the connection. Our friends the Poolman’s our next door neighbours at Powell Pointe had a ton of trouble at check in and then through security and they are German diplomats. I thought these types were VIP’s but I guess not. I always thought that working at an Embassy would be a really cool job and I still think that, maybe when I retire or Darren gets a second job, ha.
The people here are very friendly and helpful with directions. The signage is not very good on the roads so it is a definite help. Eleuthera is very charming in a laid back way and the beaches are second to none. The only bad thing that I can possibly say is that the noseeums are horrid after dark and you have to put spray on. My legs are a mess and I am still scratching. Regardless, I hope to return someday soon to Powell Pointe Cape Eleuthera.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Setting Sail to the End of Earth, Antartica on Celebrity Eclipse

Breathtaking Machu Picchu, Peru

The Unique Galapagos Islands, Ecuador