Why?

 Thanks for looking at my blog.

I first started blogging in 2010 to record our Family World Tour which was during the 2010/2011 school year as my husband and I were both high school administrators who took that school year off to travel with our 6-year-old son Daxtin.  A year of travelling through over 30 countries goes by in a blur and is easy to forget all of the wonderful things that we did.  A blog captures the essence of the day and is a written record for me when I get too senile to remember.  All of my photos are attached as well to my first blog.  If you want to view it please see the link below.

My World Tour Blog




I am now retired as of June 2022 and Darren my husband retired years ago and runs the Canadian Elite Volleyball Academy.  I thought that it was time again to blog.  I have lots of time and we will be visiting tons of different timeshare resorts, which I love to critique.  
I despise winter and driving in the snow and ice, so we will escape that as much as we can for the warmth of Mexico and the southern United States this winter season.  With timeshare bookings, you can book accommodation up to two years in advance and I am a planner.  We know where we will be well into 2024.  We will venture into Europe and the Middle East and Antarctica the next winter season.  You are probably thinking to yourself, didn't she just say, that she hates ice and snow???  Yes, I do, but my husband can't get enough of icebergs and penguins so we will be heading to see Antarctica, bah humbug.  In September we cruised to Alaska and I personally saw enough icebergs.  In my mind there really is only one good thing about snow- it allows you to cross-country ski and downhill ski, both of these sports I love.  I took up cross-country skiing during covid and fell in love.  I will miss this a lot. But most of all I will miss my son of course and our poodle Peter.  Dax has already flown down to Mexico once with his friends in early November.  Sorry, Peter - timeshares don't allow dogs.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Setting Sail to the End of Earth, Antartica on Celebrity Eclipse

Breathtaking Machu Picchu, Peru

The Unique Galapagos Islands, Ecuador