Hacienda del Mar, Los Cabos Mexico

Hacienda del Mar is a lovely resort that is quite spread out with various coloured buildings full of different units.  We stayed in a 2 bedroom, 3 bathroom unit.  Our building 3 was set back the furthest from the beach but it provided a great view of the ocean between the buildings because we were higher up the hill.  This also provided extra daily leg work walking up to our building.  The resort is of a Spanish/Arab influence in the architecture and the resort was very pretty with tons of different plants and trees.  Anyone who appreciates gardens would love this resort.  Flowering plants are everywhere.



 One of the first things I do when entering a timeshare unit is to look at the primary bathroom to see if there is a tub.  On holidays I like to soak in a tub after a day in the sun.  So upon looking for the tub, I was disappointed in not finding one in my bathroom.  Then I went to check out the view on the balcony and voila there was a tub.   I said to myself 'there is no way I am going to be naked on the balcony'.   I thought what a waste of a good tub.  Two nights in though, I waited until it was dark which you don't have to wait long in Mexico, ran the tub, stripped down and made a run for it.  I was surprised but I actually liked sitting in the dark with the stars above.  I could see the little dipper or maybe it was the big dipper?  Whichever it was, it sits differently when you are closer to the equator than when in Canada.  There was a bit of a breeze but  I sunk deeper into the water.  On the first tub night, I think I flashed a guy but I wonder if he could see me or not?  Oh well, c'est la vie.  I have changed my opinion about the tub on the balcony situation, and now I quite like it.

The bedroom is large with a large TV that we never even turned on.  The bed was comfortable but way too soft.  I hate beds that collapse when you sit on them.  The bathroom was decently sized.  There were 3 bathrooms in this unit I would have made the living room bigger and lost the third bathroom.  The couch in the living room was a love-sized couch which was kind of lame and it was quite fugly and needed to be replaced or recovered.

The kitchen had a lovely new stainless steel side-by-side refrigerator with an ice maker which was super nice and a brand new microwave and undersized dishwasher.  There was a countertop European-style oven which allowed Darren to cook some casseroles, which is nice to have.  Most Mexican timeshares do not have ovens.  My only complaint with the kitchen was the countertop was tiled and grouted which is gross and ugly and difficult to clean.  However, the counter space was exceptional and had a large peninsula.  You could cook whatever you wanted in this kitchen but every time I went to clean the counter, I swore under my breath.  I have realized that the best way to clean a stupid tile and grout countertop is with a dry j-cloth.  

I always open up all of the kitchen cupboards to check out the situation because what you do or don't have in your kitchen will decide what you can cook.  This place was amply stocked and even had Margarita glasses, which I thought was quite classy.  These glasses were the glass-blown kind which amped it up for me.  It seems more special to me when you can drink a margarita out of an authentic glass-blown margarita glass.  Call me cray, cray, but it is a thing.

We spent a lot of time on the lovely large balcony.  We had a view in between two buildings of the ocean and constantly we were spotting whale water spouts and whale breaches.  December to April is whale watching times in Cabo Mexico.  They come to feed and breed in the rich waters of the Sea of Cortez.  Jacque Cousteau called these waters the 'aquarium of the world'.  When you SUP over the waters of this Sea you quickly realize how correct Jacque was.  Sea life is muy abundant.









If you are a timeshare owner you would know that resorts do not like you to hang your towels over the balcony railing.  This makes a place look trashy and most do not allow it and I agree with this policy.  They usually provide a line in your bathtub for hanging wet swimsuits, towels etc.  This resort actually had a bar for hanging things where others would not see them, which I thought was a nice touch. 

Travelling away from home as long as we are there is a need to do weekly laundry and I don't put many of my clothes in the dryer.  This bar came in handy for me.

As mentioned before the various plant life in the Hacienda del Mar gardens is exceptional. 



 The authentic Spanish fountains were incorporated throughout the grounds.  There was always something to listen to due to these numerous fountains on the property.  Each building had its own little courtyard and fountain.  Each was very quaint and picturesque.





Esthetically this resort would be the most beautiful timeshare resort that I have been to.  The architecture, gardens, fountains, ocean views etc never got old for me.






There were numerous pools at the resort, but we are beach people.  The beach was beautiful and if you really wanted to swim you could.  The waters were not as calm as Medano Beach but certainly not as rough and dangerous as San Jose Del Cabo beaches.  There was a long crescent-shaped beach that you could walk on and the sand was mucho deep with a lot of crushed shells.
The waters had various colors of blue to gaze at.












We spent a lot of time on the beach and watched whale sightings, spouts and breaches.  On our last day, I saw a full whale breach which was mucho exciting for me.  The whale came fully out of the water and splashed down and most likely splashed the crap out of the surrounding people that had paid to whale watch.  I had a great laugh at this.  I really do feel sorry for the whales being pursued by the numerous whale-watching tours.  Why can't you just watch from the beach?  There are approximately 10 whale species that come to these waters to eat.  If they are being pursued constantly by boats, this must disrupt their eating, which makes them weaker to survive and breed.  Mankind is sooo destructive!!!!

I would highly recommend this resort, we really enjoyed our time here!!






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Setting Sail to the End of Earth, Antartica on Celebrity Eclipse

Breathtaking Machu Picchu, Peru

The Unique Galapagos Islands, Ecuador